- create your track with you favourite tracking-software (basecamp, movescount, gpsies, google-maps, etc.) but be sure to be able to export in gpx/kml.
- import the route/track in basecamp
- count the number of points in your track – old garmin-devices do not support:
- routes (for navigation) with more than 250 points
- tracks (just overlay) with more than 500 points
(results in auto-truncation)
- reduce point-numbers manually or with the following tool: http://www.gpsies.com/convert.do
be sure, that important crossings still have enough details for navigation.
- if your file (eg. rome_florence) still has too many point, duplicate your file and rename all files (rome_florence1, rome_florence2 …)
- now delete the points in each duplicated route so that every route has not more than 250 or 500 points for routes or track-usage.
- transfer the files to your device and check them on the map
- avoid same names for tracks and routes
! ! happy navigation ! !