comparing google maps, vienna maps and openstreetmaps: these three sites offer more or less easy access to the html-embedded maps. take a look at the different zoom-level: osm and google use the same zoom where the vienna map has more overview an also displays more street names. vienna map is the only site that offers the mapscale and uses a single link to the useragreements. the other sites have more text on the bottom – you can read „google“ three times on the bottom!!!
Google Maps maps.google.com
- embedded code with html-iframe container. basic version with width and height configuration (small, middle, large, user-defined).
- sample: search for „ottakringerstraße 89, wien“ and press the „link“-button on the left. in this sample you get a bubble, which is not very nice 😦
[googlemaps https://maps.google.de/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=de&geocode=&q=ottakringerstra%C3%9Fe+89,+wien&aq=&sll=47.394203,13.68544&sspn=0.081925,0.124969&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Ottakringer+Stra%C3%9Fe+89,+Ottakring+1160+Wien,+%C3%96sterreich&t=m&ll=48.213349,16.323709&spn=0.017158,0.025749&z=14&iwloc=A&output=embed“ width=“300″>
Vienna map (OGD) wien.gv.at/stadtplan
- embedded code with html-div container and java-script. basic version has also width and height configuration (small, middle, large, user-defined).
- sample: search for „ottakringerstraße 89“ and press the link on the top „Link/Einbetten“. here is the result:
- embedded code with html-iframe container. no easy configuration of width and height but the possibility to add a marker
- sample: search for „ottakringerstraße 89, wien“ (bad result list and not correct street number). to get to the embedded-code: click „export“ on the top, then choose „embedded HTML“ on the left, and then you can add the marker and copy the HTML-code. here is the result with the marker